Monday, August 31, 2009

Edinburgh Festival Insider - Pick of the Fringe 2009

Although I'd seen Zen Zen Zo's showreel and read about Zeitgeist's bold, cutting-edge take on contemporary physical theatre and dance, nothing prepared me for actually seeing this live.

The only point I didn't sit and marvel open-mouthed as their startlingly original and visually outstanding show progressed was when they threw eggs into the audience. Even with that, I was spellbound from start to finish.

A wonderfully physical group of talented dancers and artists, Zen Zen Zo have had much praise heaped upon them from many established sources this year as well as from me and - after much deliberation - the vision, integrity and style of Zeitgeist have resulted in it being given the highest accolade I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment